Two-day International Conference on Sustainable Energy (ICSEP) planned for March
Pakistan’s energy sector is hindered by a lack of visionary policy, outdated power plants and transmission grid, economic factors, dependency on imported fossil fuels, and a weak indigenous technology base. While there has been considerable improvement over the last couple of years, the generation, transmission and distribution challenges remain and these challenges are affecting the economic growth and prosperity of the country.
NUST, UET Peshawar and ASU are organizing a two-day International Conference on Sustainable Energy to discuss and address these issues.
The conference, scheduled for March 12-13, 2019, will promote research and development in energy by bringing together researchers, industrial experts, senior policymakers and civil society stakeholders explore challenges and solutions in a common forum.
Who should attend
- Engineering experts and scholars from international universities and research centers
- Manufacturers and technology providers
- Investors and members of chambers of commerce and other impacted industries
- Donors, banks and other financial institutions
- NGOs interested in financing entrepreneurs as well as small and medium enterprises in Pakistan