Student and Faculty Exchange Program
In order to support the academic advancement of the faculty and students at NUST and UET Peshawar, ASU facilitated an exchange program with a goal of hosting 200 faculty and students for a semester at Arizona State University (ASU) or Oregon State University (OSU) during the life of the project. These exchange programs were geared toward preparing students with the skills and global experiences required by Pakistan’s private and public sectors.
Through these exchange visits, Pakistani students and faculty members had an immersive experience in both U.S. culture and in energy labs and classrooms where they have the opportunity to meet and work with ASU and OSU faculty and students. During their time in the U.S., the visiting scholars worked in state-of-the-art research labs on the latest projects in energy.
The ASU research labs include:
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Lab directed by Sayfe Kiaei and Govindasamy Tamizhmani
- Materials Lab directed by Zachary Holman
- Fuel Cell and Battery Lab directed by Arunachalanadar Madakannan
- Energy Policy Lab directed by Clark Miller
- Thermal Energy Lab directed by Taewoo Lee
The OSU labs include:
- Micro-Hydro Lab directed by Kendra Sharp
- Thermal Lab directed by Brian Fronk
Entrepreneurship and Policy:
The visiting scholars at ASU also attend a class in entrepreneurship taught by Ken Mulligan and a weekly energy policy workshop taught by Clark Miller.